Open Heaven 7 December 2021 MEMORISE: Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways. Psalms 128:1
READ: Psalm 128:1-6 Open Heaven 7 December 2021
1. Blessed is every one that feareth the LORD; that walketh in his ways.
2. For thou shalt eat the labour of thine hands: happy shalt thou be, and it shall be well with thee.
3. Thy wife shall be as a fruitful vine by the sides of thine house: thy children like olive plants round about thy table.
4. Behold, that thus shall the man be blessed that feareth the LORD.
5. The LORD shall bless thee out of Zion: and thou shalt see the good of Jerusalem all the days of thy life.
6. Yea, thou shalt see thy children’s children, and peace upon Israel.
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 7 December 2021 Tuesday Daily Devotional
The lack of the fear of the Lord has brought untold hardship to many people since the fall of man. However, those who have exercised the fear of the Lord in the past have fulfilled their destinies. Thus, every wise person must exhibit the fear of the Lord, Joseph could have had his destiny cut short had he succumbed to the temptation of sexual immorality an age-old sin.
You would recall that God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of this. Reuben also was cursed because of his sexual immorality with his father’s wife (Genesis 49:4). Despite how inviting the temptation was, Joseph feared the Lord and refused to take up the offer of sleeping with Potiphar’s wife.
With fear and trembling, he declined in Genesis 39:9 thus: “There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back anything from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can l do this great wickedness, and against God?”
You may be wondering how Joseph knew that sleeping with another man’s wife is a sin against her husband and God, considering the fact that the commandment to refrain from adultery was given much later in Exodus 20:14. The truth is that God has written His laws on the heart of man (Hebrews 8:10, Romans 2:14-15). This is what puts His fear in us if we have not been given over to reprobate minds as seen in Romans 1:28 Joseph prospered because he feared the Lord.
Do you fear the Lord?, Do you question the spiritual authority of your Pastors?, Do you still hide under the cloak of a clear conscience even as you engage in sexual immorality?.
Today’s memory verse says: “Blessed is everyone that feareth the Lord; that walketh in his ways.”
The practical way of showing that you fear the Lord is by trembling at His word. Isaiah 66:2 says: “For all those things hath mine hand made, and all those things have been, saith the Lord: but to this man will I look, even to him that is poor and of a contrite spirit, and trembleth at my word.”
I encourage you today to fear the Lord and abstain from all evil. As you do, God Himself will prosper you in all your ways, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Prayer Point: – Open Heaven 7 December 2021
Father, please instil Your fear in me and prosper me the way only You can, in Jesus’ name.
Bible In One Year: Ezekiel 7-12
Author: PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE
Open Heaven 7 December 2021 Tuesday Hymn
HYMN: HOLY HOLY HOLY! LORD GOD ALMIGHTY!
1. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
Early in the morning
our song shall rise to thee.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty!
God in three Person’s, blessed Trinity!
2. Holy, holy, holy! All the saints adore thee, casting down their golden crowns
around the glassy sea;
cherubim and seraphim
falling down before thee,
who wert, and art, and evermore shalt be.
3. Holy, holy, holy! Though the darkness hide thee, Though the eye of sinful man
thy glory may not see,
Only thou art holy;
there is none beside thee
Perfect in pow’r, in love, and purity.
4. Holy, holy, holy! Lord God Almighty!
All thy works shall praise
thy name in earth and sky and sea.
Holy, holy, holy! Merciful and mighty!
God in three Persons, blessed Trinity!