Open Heaven 22 December 2021 MEMORISE:- This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success. Joshua 1:8
READ: Deuteronomy 28:1-14 Open Heaven 22 December 2021
1. And it shall come to pass, if thou shalt hearken diligently unto the voice of the LORD thy God, to observe and to do all his commandments which I command thee this day, that the LORD thy God will set thee on high above all nations of the earth:
2. And all these blessings shall come on thee, and overtake thee, if thou shalt hearken unto the voice of the LORD thy God.
3. Blessed shalt thou be in the city, and blessed shalt thou be in the field.
4. Blessed shall be the fruit of thy body, and the fruit of thy ground, and the fruit of thy cattle, the increase of thy kine, and the flocks of thy sheep.
5. Blessed shall be thy basket and thy store.
6. Blessed shalt thou be when thou comest in, and blessed shalt thou be when thou goest out.
7. The LORD shall cause thine enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten before thy face: they shall come out against thee one way, and flee before thee seven ways.
8. The LORD shall command the blessing upon thee in thy storehouses, and in all that thou settest thine hand unto; and he shall bless thee in the land which the LORD thy God giveth thee.
9. The LORD shall establish thee an holy people unto himself, as he hath sworn unto thee, if thou shalt keep the commandments of the LORD thy God, and walk in his ways.
10. And all people of the earth shall see that thou art called by the name of the LORD; and they shall be afraid of thee.
11. And the LORD shall make thee plenteous in goods, in the fruit of thy body, and in the fruit of thy cattle, and in the fruit of thy ground, in the land which the LORD sware unto thy fathers to give thee.
12. The LORD shall open unto thee his good treasure, the heaven to give the rain unto thy land in his season, and to bless all the work of thine hand: and thou shalt lend unto many nations, and thou shalt not borrow.
13. And the LORD shall make thee the head, and not the tail; and thou shalt be above only, and thou shalt not be beneath; if that thou hearken unto the commandments of the LORD thy God, which I command thee this day, to observe and to do them:
14. And thou shalt not go aside from any of the words which I command thee this day, to the right hand, or to the left, to go after other gods to serve them.
Open Heaven 22 December 2021
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 22 December 2021 Wednesday Daily Devotional
If God talked about good success in Joshua 1:8, Then this implies that there is bad success. As God gives good success, the devil also can give the bad kind. In Matthew 4:8-10, the devil showed Jesus Christ the glory of this world and asked Jesus to worship him, promising that he could give Him all the glories of this world.
Thank God our Lord Jesus Christ will never worship the devil. It is unfortunate however that many of His children are turning to worship the devil in exchange for success today. Many people indulge in crime, money rituals, and so on to achieve success. That is bad success – success from the devil. This is the type that comes with sorrows (Matthew 16:26).
When you get good success, God will make you rich materially, as well as emotionally, spiritually, martially, psychologically, and mentally. I don’t know about you, but as for me, I want the kind of success that God gives. I will tell you why many people do not choose Gods path to success: they believe Gods way is difficult and the devil’s is easier, but Proverbs 14:12 tells us: “There is a way which seemeth right unto a man, but the end thereof are the ways of death.”
What the devil gives you will eventually fade away and will not be void of troubles; only what God gives will last, give you peace of mind, and keep you holy (Proverbs 10:22, 1 John 2:15-17). Joseph enjoyed good success. He was a slave, yet the Bible says he was successful because God was with him (Genesis 39:2).
Daniel was a captive in the land of Babylon, yet, he was made the chief of the governors over all the wise men in that empire because he was a man who feared God (Daniel 2:48). Josiah was just eight years old when he became king (2 Kings 22:1). As long as he obeyed God, his reign was successful. King Saul, on the other hand, wanted the success that the world gives; he wanted to be praised by men and to build earthly monuments for himself. His end was destruction.
Beloved, I don’t want you to desire the success that the world gives, which only brings you happiness for the moment; instead, desire the success that God gives Joshua 1:8, says that when you obey the word of God, good success is guaranteed. This is the type of success that comes without sorrow (Proverbs 10:22). Choose wisely.
Key Point: – Open Heaven 22 December 2021
Father, please bless me with the all-around success that comes from You alone, in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 32-36
Author: PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE
Open Heaven 22 December 2021
HYMN: I’VE A MESSAGE FROM THE LORD HALLELUJAH!
1. I’ve a message from the Lord, Hallelujah!
The message unto you I’ll give,
“Tis recorded in His Word, Hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.
“Look and live,” my brother, live,
Look to Jesus now and live;
‘Tis recorded in His Word, Hallelujah!
It is only that you “look and live.”
2. I’ve a message full of love, Hallelujah!
A message, O my friend, for you,
Tis a message from above, Hallelujah!
Jesus said it, and I know ‘tis true.
3. Life is offered unto you, Hallelujah!
Eternal life your soul shall have
If you’ll only look to Him, Hallelujah!
Look to Jesus, who alone can save.
4. I will tell you how I came, Hallelujah!
To Jesus when He made me whole:
“Twas believing on His name, Hallelujah!
I trusted and He saved my soul.
3 thoughts on “Open Heaven 22nd December 2021 – Good Success vs Bad Success”
Pastor Adeboye’s messages are rich in the Scripture. If he lives what he preaches, you are blessed to sit under his teaching. Study for yourself though, like the Bereans (Acts 17:11), and you, too, will do well.
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 1 person