MEMORISE:- Was returning, and sitting in his chariot read Esaias the prophet. Acts 8:28
READ: Philippians 1:12-21 Open Heaven 16 December 2021
12. But I would ye should understand, brethren, that the things which happened unto me have fallen out rather unto the furtherance of the gospel;
13. So that my bonds in Christ are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places;
14. And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident by my bonds, are much more bold to speak the word without fear.
15. Some indeed preach Christ even of envy and strife; and some also of good will:
16. The one preach Christ of contention, not sincerely, supposing to add affliction to my bonds:
17. But the other of love, knowing that I am set for the defence of the gospel.
18. What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.
19. For I know that this shall turn to my salvation through your prayer, and the supply of the Spirit of Jesus Christ,
20. According to my earnest expectation and my hope, that in nothing I shall be ashamed, but that with all boldness, as always, so now also Christ shall be magnified in my body, whether it be by life, or by death.
21. For to me to live is Christ, and to die is gain.
MESSAGE: – Open Heaven 16 December 2021 Thursday Daily Devotional
Whereas man does not have a way of getting solutions to his problems, God has uncountable ways of solving all of them. We have the assurance that God is able to bring good out of every problem of our life. Our memory verse today clearly tells us that all things have been designed to work together for the good of those who love God and are aligned with His purpose.
It takes the eye of faith to come to terms with the Scripture above. In chains, Apostle Paul was being moved from one place to another as a criminal under trial. Despite this, he sought every opportunity to preach the gospel everywhere he went. In Acts 24:1-27 & Acts 25:1-27, he addressed three different important personalities, namely Felix, Festus and King Agrippa.
lt was King Agrippa who said to Paul…Almost thou persuadest me to be a Christian (Acts 26:28). Paul then said: “..l would to God, that not only thou, but also all that hear me this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.” “Acts 26:29”
This is a level all children of God must reach if we would enjoy our walk with God. This same truth helped Joseph to stay true to his God even in the midst of his trials in Potiphar’s house and wrongful imprisonment (Genesis 39:1-23).
Even when he had the opportunity to take his revenge upon his brothers after his father’s passing, he told them: “..Fear not: for am I in the place of God? But as for you, ye thought evil against me; but God meant it unto good, to bring to pass, as it is this day, to save much people alive.”“Genesis 50:19-20”
In all these, we must learn that challenges cannot be a hindrance if God is with us; rather, they would be stepping stones to the glorious and expected end God has prepared for us.
I pray that all hindrances on your way to success will become stepping stones to your breakthrough, in Jesus’ name. You are more than a conqueror!.
PRAYER POINT: Open Heaven 16 December 2021
Father, I command all hindering mountains in my life to give way today as I move into my destiny, in Jesus name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Jeremiah 1- 6
Author: PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE
Open Heaven 16 December 2021 HYMN
Hymn: I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these
abound, my constant aim is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And Heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.